rebecca & roxanna, ecuador & peru trip, jan 2018
Welcome to your very exciting Ecuador and Peru trip Rebecca and Roxanna! Your trip page is home to your day-by-day itinerary, and trip map, which holds sightseeing information and restaurant recommendations. Here you will also find a link to your personalised Ecuador & Peru destination guide containing details on climate, currency, food and drink and much more. We recommend saving a link to this page for quick and easy access during your time away.
DAY 1, friday 18th january: THE adventure BEGINS!
- Depart Nashville (BNA) at 1:25pm on American Airlines flight 4604 | Confirmation #XYZACQ
- Arrive Miami (MIA) at 4:46pm
- Depart Miami (MIA) at 5:40pm on American Airlines flight 939
- Arrive Quito (UIO) at 9:53pm
- Once you have cleared immigration and collected your checked luggage, your transfer driver will be awaiting you in the arrivals hall holding a sign with your names on it. You will be driven 1hr to your stunning hotel for two nights.
CASA GANGOTENA, luxury twin room
A: Bolivar Oe6-41 y Cuenca, Quito | T: +593 2400 8088 / 593 2400 8000
DAY 2, saturday 19th january: QUITO
- After a leisurely breakfast this morning, spend today exploring Quito by foot using your destination guide and trip map.
DAY 3, sunday 20th january: QUITO to GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- Early this morning your transfer driver will meet you in the hotel lobby to drive you to the airport.
- Depart Quito (UIO)
- Arrive Baltra Island (GPS)
- Upon arrival your English speaking guide will meet you at the airport to assist with you with entering the Galapagos Islands as smoothly as possible. They will then drive you the 1hr to your tented camp home for the next four nights.
GALAPAGOS SAFARI CAMP, TWIN TENT
A: Finca Palo Santo, Salasaca, Santa Cruz, Galapagos | T: +593 5301 3006 / +593 5301 3011
DAY 4, monday 21st january: SANTA CRUZ ISLAND
- After breakfast this morning enjoy a small group land excursion to discover Santa Cruz Island.
** For the duration of your stay at Galapagos Safari Camp, itinerary and specific daily activities are subject to last minute changes due to weather conditions, boat availability and Galapagos National Park regulations
DAY 5, tuesday 22nd january: GALAPAGOS ISLANDS EXPLORATION
- Today head to the waters on a small group boat tour to one of the neighbouring islands for exploration and snorkelling.
DAY 6, wednesday 23rd january: FLAMINGOES & BEACHES
- Today experience the Santa Cruz Crater followed by some time with the flamingoes at the white sand, black lava beach.
DAY 7, thursday 24th january: all good things must come to an end!
- This morning choose if you want to participate in the optional sunrise walk before breakfast and check-out.
- Your guide will drive you the 1hr to the airport in time for your return flight to Quito.
- Depart Baltra Island (GPS)
- Arrive Quito (UIO)
- At Quito Airport collect your luggage and make your way out of the arrivals hall to catch the airport shuttle to your hotel for the night.
- ** Given how early your flight is tomorrow morning, you may want to get some rest and an early night
AIRPORT HOTEL TBD
DAY 8, friday 25th january: QUITO TO CUSCO
- Very early this morning check-out of your hotel and take the airport shuttle back to the hotel in time for your international flight.
- Depart Quito (UIO) at 4:15am on LATAM flight 1449 | Confirmation #ZPUDGU
- Arrive Lima (LIM) at 6:30am
- Depart Lima (LIM) at 8:10am on LATAM flight 2023
- Arrive Cusco (CUZ) at 9:45am
- Once you have cleared immigration in Cusco, collect your luggage and meet your driver in the airport arrivals hall. They will be holding a sign with your names on it. You will then be driven the 20mins to your hotel for the next four nights.
BELMOND PALACIO NAZARENAS, JUNIOR SUITE TWIN
A: Calle Plazoleta Nazarenas 223, Cusco | T: +51 84 582 222
DAY 9, saturday 26th january: CUSCO
- We recommend taking it easy on your first couple of days in Cusco to give your bodies a chance to acclimatise to the new altitude. The symptoms of altitude sickness - headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, poor appetite, dizziness, disturbed sleep - are usually felt within the first 12-24hrs of arrival and tend to subside after 72hrs. Some things you can do to limit your symptoms are - drink lots of water, use sunscreen, stay in the shade and avoid alcohol. Also, many hotels and restaurants serve coca tea, which is known to help ease the symptoms.
- Perhaps spend today by the pool with a short stroll to Cusco Square if you find you're feeling okay.
DAY 10, sunday 27th january: CUSCO
- If you're feeling energetic today use your destination guide and trip map to explore the beautiful city of Cusco.
DAY 11, monday 28th january: MACHU PICCHU
- Early this morning your driver will meet you in the hotel lobby to drive you the 30mins to Poroy Train Station in time to catch your train.
- Depart Poroy Train Station at 9:05am on Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
- Arrive Machu Picchu Pueblo Station at 12:24pm
- Enjoy a light lunch on board
- Bus to citadel for your small group tour of the world's most famous Inca Ruins with your English speaking guide
- Late afternoon return bus to Machu Picchu Pueblo Train Station
- Depart Machu Picchu Pueblo Station at 5:50pm on Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
- Arrive Poroy Train Station at 9:16pm
- Dinner will be served on board
- You will be met at the train station by your driver who will take you the 30mins back to the Belmond Palacio Nazarenas for your final night in Cusco.
DAY 12, tuesday 29th january: CUSCO To LIMA
- After a final relaxing morning at the hotel, check-out and meet your driver in the lobby at 10:30am for your journey back to Cusco Airport.
- Depart Cusco (CUZ) at 1:20pm on LATAM flight 2040 | Confirmation #PJSKXJ
- Arrive Lima (LIM) at 2:50pm
- After your domestic flight, you will not have to clear immigration so collect your luggage and meet your driver in the arrivals hall. They will be holding a sign with your names on and will drive you the 1hr to the final hotel of your trip.
HOTEL B, APOSENTO TWIN
A: Sáenz Peña 204, Barranco, Lima | T: + 51 1 206 0800
DAY 13, wednesday 30th january: LIMA
- Today, explore the capital city of Peru also known as "The City Of Kings" using your destination guide and trip map.
DAY 14, thursday 31st january: LIMA
- After a leisurely morning at your hotel, spend you final afternoon exploring the city and prepping for your early return home tomorrow.
DAY 14, friday 1st february: return home!
- At 4:00am your driver will meet you in the hotel lobby to drive you to the airport in time for your flight.
- Depart Lima (LIM) at 7:40am on American Airlines flight 1558 | Confirmation #XYZACQ
- Arrive Miami (MIA) at 1:40pm
- Depart Miami (MIA) at 3:30pm on American Airlines flight 4430
- Arrive Nashville (BNA) at 4:51pm
INCLUSIONS for two adults
- Return international flights Nashville to Quito (1 stop) & Lima to Nashville (1 stop)
- Return flights Quito to Baltra
- One-way international flight Quito to Cusco (1 stop)
- One-way domestic flight Cusco to Lima (non-stop)
- 14 nights accommodation in boutique hotels including taxes, fees & mandatory service charge
- Breakfast daily
- All meals at Galapagos Safari Camp
- Arrival and departure transfers in Quito, Galapagos Islands, Cusco and Lima
- Galapagos National Park entry fees ($100 USD per adult) and tourist transit cards ($20 USD per adult)
- One or two small group Galapagos land excursions and one or two small group Galapagos boat excursions with English speaking guide
- Return Belmond Hiram Bingham train Cusco to Machu Picchu including lunch and dinner
- Return bus to citadel (Machu Picchu)
- Small group guided tour of Machu Picchu Inca Ruins with English speaking guide
- All exchange rate and transaction fees
EXCLUSIONS for two adults
- Travel insurance - trip cancellation and medical coverage for the duration of your trip
- Lunch and dinner daily (unless indicated above) and beverages at Galapagos Safari Camp and on Belmond Hiram Bingham train
- Guide gratuities
- Additional activities, entrance fees and transportation including taxis, ride shares etc.
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to, cellular usage and roaming charges, room incidentals, shopping etc.
*Images used are not the exact room you will be in on your trip but represent the room type booked
Here are the key location pins and driving directions for your time in Ecuador and Peru.
Your trip map is most helpful when accessed through google maps on your phone. You will see all your trip pins, and from there you can quickly and easily find out the driving, transit, walking and ride share directions for all the places you want to go.
ECUADOR AND PERU DESTINATION GUIDE
** Coming Summer 2018
All the destination information you need for your trip can be found here.